Inspirational Greeting Cards



Most of us give out cards for the obvious holidays and special occasions. Birthday cards are the most obvious, then we have the annual events such as Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's and Father's Day and of course Christmas.





But do you ever send out a card to just inspire or encourage a family or friend to follow their hearts or chase their dreams?

You can watch my process by clicking on the video below. 



You can create your own sentiment stamp over at Simply Stamps and say exactly what you want to say.  I love this saying as it is so appropriate in so many occasions. 



I created this background using three earthtone Adirondack inks, Butterscotch, Latte and Ginger and some blue painters tape. 



The technique is a very simple one, but creates a great, grungy background.  I started out with a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of white card stock. 

Using 3 different pieced of blue painters tape, I ran the sticky part of the tape through my ink pad and stuck it to my paper three times. My first impression was my darkest, so I made sure that I taped that to the top of the three impressions create an ombre look.

I continued this process rotating between ink colors. Once the white card stock was completely covered, I ran it through my big shot using my rectangular stitched die cut.



I matted my background onto some rust color cardstock and stamped my sentiment using my MISTI.

This is such an easy background technique that I hope you give it a try. It creates a great grungy background, perfect to house any embellishments and stamps.




Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...