I decided that Easel cards would be fun to create and are not too difficult. I was putting together my sample cards and I wanted to share with you one of them that I was really pleased with.
The die cut set I used is from Spellbinder and is called Wings of Hope. I have used the smaller butterfly on past cards, but had never used the bigger one. Well, I found a way to use it by just playing around.
I first cut the large butterfly, pushing the die cut up off the top of the crease so that I would have two that were connected. I then scored the top layer (as you would do in an easel card and folded in half towards me.
Then I cut the smaller butterfly and attached it using my glue gun to the bottom half of the folded butterfly. This created the Easel butterfly. I then attached the bottom of the larger butterfly to a pink embossed base using 4 white brads, then attached that base to a 4"x 4" note card.
I embellished it with bling and it was done. I was so pleased with it that I made 3 more and am planning on making a matching card holder with my envelope punch. I think these will make cute little gifts.
Isn't it fun when you experiment?
Thanks for stopping by.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
- Simon Says Wednesday - Anything goes
- Inspiration Destination - #18 Anything goes
- Crafting By Designs - Month long Anything Goes
- Crafting for all Seasons #94 Things with Wings (2nd Week)
- Crafty Gals Corner #4 Try something new
- Wonderful Wednesdays - Always Anything Goes
- Craft It Up & Link It Up Linky Party by Craftin Desert Divas 3D Projects
- Craft Your Passion Always Anything Goes
- Crafty Boots Butterflies