So Suzy Stamps Steampunk Featurette - Part III

Hi everyone!  I am back for part III of our Steampunk Featurette. This week I will be sharing one of my favorite types of cards, a passport card. 



Now if you know me, and I hope that you do, you know that I love, love, love to make passport cards. I have made several styles, so it seemed appropriate that I should make a steampunk one. You may recognize the ATC on the cover. This was shared in the very first featurette post which you can find here: Part I

What is great about these cards, is they fit into an A2 envelope. I have intentionally placed the elements that hang off the side of the card in the middle flap so that they would fit into a standard envelope.


I like to add a pocket of some sort on these passport cards and include a tag or a journal card. This gives a place to write a personal hand message, while keeping the design of the passport card in tact. 


Empty pages can be used to adhere photo's that either you or the recipient can add making these true keepsakes. I like to include some sort of saying or sentiment on the last page. In this case I used World to Me.  I always decorate the back of my cards as I believe it really finishes off the project. 


The base of the card is very simple to make. It is two pieces of cardstock measuring 7" x 5.5" and 5 3/4" x 4.5".  I scored the larger piece at 3" and again at 1 3/4" up to the first scored line. You will need to cut off this rectangular piece so that your card has all the layers showing.

Here are a couple of pictures to give you an idea of what you should end up with.


I then scored the smaller card stock at 2". I adhered the 4.5" x 2" flap to the inside of the larger piece. This created the base of the card. The paper I used was from a 12" x 12" paper stack from Momenta called How it works. This is a great paper stack for steampunk cards.

One you have the base, you can create any style of a passport card. It is all in the decoration and embellishments.  Many of the embellishments I used to decorate this card are from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology collection. I have included a list below of all the items I used to create this card. 

I will have one more post to complete my month long featurette. I have something a little different planned for my final post, so I sure hope that you join me!


I would like to share my card with the following challenges:


Supplies I used:


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done. Thanks for adding this to A2Z Scrapbooking challenge but as Lisa has advised, our challenge needs to have a least one Hero Arts product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative card -- Thanks for sharing it over at the a2z Scrapbooking Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for playing with us at Crafty Time Challenges! I love that passport book idea. I may have to come back and attempt your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...