So Suzy Stamps Steampunk Featurette - Part II

Hi everyone!  I am back to share with you the cards I made using some of the Steampunk Tags and ATC's I created in Part 1 of my Featurette.

Now if you recall, we created this tag in my last post. Here is the link for your quick reference: Part I 



I like to have a variety of tags on hand as they work great to put together quick cards. Steampunk can be used for so many occasions, so if you are just in a creative mood, you can make several tags and save to use on cards later.

Here is the card I put together using this tag.


As you can see the only thing I had to do is to find some matching designer paper to mat my tag on and there you have it. 

Here is the second tag I featured in Part I. When I created the card I left the sentiment generic so that it could work for almost any occasion.


My son is graduation High School this month and I thought this tag would make a great Graduation card.


For the base of the card I decided to add some textured paste using the Gears stencil. I also added the sentiment Graduate and a few spritzes of my new Desert Sand Fireworks. (Love that stuff.)


Now this last card is one you have not seen yet. I started out with an ATC. The ATC was very simple to make. My focal point was the Vintage Motorcycle and I added some Number rub ons to the top and side of the ATC as well as some washi tape. I also embellished the wheels with two metal gears shifts. Finally,  I spritzed it with Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa Fireworks.   


Once the ATC was completed, I started decorating my card. Now as I mentioned in Part 1, when creating layered cards, I ALWAYS place out my items before adhering them to my paper. Have you heard of the saying "measure twice, cut once?" Well in this case, "layout twice, glue once." 


Steampunk cards are great masculine cards. I thought this one would be great for Father's Day. The sentiment on top is called Open Road. Many of the embellishments are from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology collection. 


I hope you enjoyed Part II of my Steampunk Featurette. Make sure you come back next week as I will be sharing one of my favorite projects, my Passport cards!



I would like to share my card with the following challenges:

Supplies I used:

4 comments:

  1. I used a tag for my stepdaughter's grauation card last year, and she loves it! Love your work here for the metal challenge over at the Tag Along Challenge Blog. Thanks for inspiring us all, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome projects!
    Thanks for playing along in the Design Team Showcase.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...