Colorful Horn of Plenty

Happy Thursday! For those of you in the states, we have one more week until Thanksgiving. It is interesting, not too many people sent out Thanksgiving cards, yet they make perfect Hostess gifts. Over the last several years I have hosted Thanksgiving, but not this year. I will be going to my Mom's house, and I will be giving her this little card as a way of saying "Thank You" and "Happy Thanksgiving."


I have made this card several times using different colors of alcohol ink. Each card turns out just a little differently. The alcohol inks shine on glossy paper and the image looks great with all the colors.
The paper I used was from DCWV called Rustic Stack


Here is another one with slightly different colors, similar layout, but a completely different card. This one has more of a warm tone to it.




The sentiment is from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles and is a perfect sentiment for this card.

What I love about alcohol inks is there is no right or wrong. You just combine different colors until you get the desired look you want. Simple yet beautiful!


Fiskars - 12 inch Portable Rotary Paper Trimmer  - Blade Style F Ranger Ink - Inkssentials - Ink Blending Tool - For Ink Application and BlendingRanger Ink - Tim Holtz - Adirondack Alcohol Inks - 3 Pack - Nature WalkRanger Ink - Inkssentials - Reusable Non Stick Craft Sheet - 15 inch by 18 inch





I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;




7 comments:

  1. I like your stripy background card but the idea was to not use pattern paper ! Thank you for joining my challenge over at Stampotique !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love alcohol inks!! and love what you did with them here :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are REALLY, REALLY cool. You should do a tutorial over you know where on a you know what kind of card, teaching us this same kind of effect. Love it.

    Oh and talk about a blast from the past, that sentiment is one of the very first ones I created. Memmmmmorrrrrries....but before I burst into song, I wanted to say thanks for using it and I'm going to go and add you to my gallery right now.

    TTYL!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for joining us over at HIMCR for the challenge.... this is super cute....
    Lisa
    ljcreation.blogspot.com
    HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card..Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it when the image is done several different colorways! Beautiful work! Thankyou for joining the Dreamweaver Thanks and thoughtful challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...