My Birthday Boy

Happy Monday! Well, I know I would rather being saying T.G.I.F., but it is what it is. I am here this morning to share with you the card I made for my son. Yes my baby is turning 17. Hard to believe for sure. Our children change and grow so much between the years 1 - 18 ranging from looks, personality and aspirations. And while he is still growing into a young man, he is not my little baby any more (so he tells me.)

Funny how they try so hart to be adults at this age, yet as parents, we know they still have a long way to go. They have their entire life ahead of them and that is so exciting for a parent to see.  Now he may not think he is my baby boy, but us mothers know differently.  You may think that the image I chose seems young for a 17 year old, but if you knew my son, you would get the joke. He can spend hours playing his games. We have to still set time limits for him to get away from the computer and come and be social. Now part of that may be that he does not want to hang with us old folks, but I also think it is just their generation.


The image is from All dressed up. The theme over there this week is Love inspired. I may still enter this card as this card was made/inspired with Love for my baby! LOL. The sketch is from Feeling Sketchy

Here is what I used:

Paper:

  • DCWV Teenage Dream Stack
  • My Minds Eye - Everyday Tango
  • White card stock for base of card
Punches/Die Cuts:

  • Stampin Up Paper shapers
  • Sizzix Circles and Scallops
Stamps/Images
  • All dressed up - Gaming is my life
  • Stampin up - Family Reunion
Hope everyone has a Fantastic Week!

I would like to enter my cards into the following challenges:

18 comments:

  1. This is fab, i love this image and you have done it so well. Thank you for joining us at All Dressed Up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute birthday card. Great image and details.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card and thanks for sharing all the details. It was great you playing along at Feeling Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute card! I bet he will love it! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I really like the papers you used! Thanks so much for joining us at All Dressed Up! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for a 17 year old. Love the balance in the card and the use of white space. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this fun card with us. I love the image and the fab colours in the backing paper.

    I enjoyed your story about your Son too. My Daughter is 30 and I still think of her as my baby, although I don't confess that to her these days!

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card. And I know what you mean, I have a 17 year old daughter and feel the same way :) Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can very much relate to your card Monica, I too have a 'gaming' son who turns 17 in a couple of weeks! Thank you for joining us at crafty Cardmakers. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great image! I agree that the gaming thing is definitely a generational thing. Thanks for joining in with my Challenge at CCM&M. Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I hear you and relate sooo well!!! My Baby is 17 in May, Thinks hes a grown up yet acts like hes 7!! Love your card Im sure he will love it, Thanks for playing with us on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card - I'm sure he will love it. Thanks for joining us at Love To Create this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and colouring on this fab image and I also like those papers.
    Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card.... I'm sure he will love it!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy!
    Hugs,
    Cathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous image & delightful colouring. I am sure your son will love the card!
    Thank you for playing along at Feeling Sketchy.
    Debi - DT @ Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect male card... I love the sketch you've used for the design and your check papers... ideal for a card for a boy/man!

    Thanks for sharing with us at All Dressed Up... hope we'll see you in our future challenges..

    Christine x (ADU DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is adorable! Perfect for a 17 year old. Thanks for joining us for the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. this card is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at CBN Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...