Turn that Attitude into Gratitude

It is common practice that thank you cards are sent out for wedding and shower gifts. The bride will typically recruit a guest to document gifts as they are opened to capture who the gift was from. So why do we not practice this same etiquette at Christmas? Are we so excited and overwhelmed on Christmas morning that we forget our manners? As  a child, we always wrote thank you notes after Christmas, and I have carried on this tradition with my son. This was not my most favorite thing to do after Christmas, and it is not for my son either.  As he gets older, he doesn't understand why he can't just text or email his Thank You's, but I have always felt the written card has much more meaning.

As a card maker, it is easy for me to keep the tradition going and sending out my Christmas thank you cards after the holidays. As a teacher, my husband gets many gifts around the holidays and he practices this as well. He is very organized with the gifts he has received to ensure he knows who gave what gifts.

As parents, I believe it is important to set the example and take time to thank the person for the gift. You can thank the gift-giver and tell them why or how it is appreciated. Even if you get a gift card, you can say what you intend on buying with the card. You can also use this card to tell this person something special about Christmas and wish them a happy upcoming New Year.

But when it comes down to it, if you cannot find the time to send a handwritten thank you card, then a text, email or phone call is better than nothing at all.

I found this Tim Holtz card making kit called Christmas Cheer at a shop called Archiver's when I was in Ohio last month. There are four stamps in this set, including a wreath and stocking, which are not shown. The stamps are smaller and intended for mini cards or tags. I thought these would be perfect for Thank You Cards, so I am making sets of four which I plan on listing in my Etsy shop as well as using them for my own personal Thank You's this year.

I would like to enter these cards into the following challenges:




6 comments:

  1. Great card love the striking papers and ice-skate image -thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card with a great image, thanks for joining in our Birthday Challenge at Fab'n'Funky, good luck.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, you are absolutely right! Unfortunately, in this day and age, the art of saying please and thank you has seemed to have taken a back burner. I'm glad to see you are keeping it alive with your sweet little Christmas thank you cards.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful design! I remember when people had manners and understood proper etiquette...that was a long time ago. It is amazing how many people are shocked to see my husband open the car door for me. Maybe if you send out enough thanks and men are encouraged to follow my husband's example..we might be able to bring manners and grace and dignity back to our society. Your project is certainly getting us off to a wonderful start! Thanks for sharing these with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana,Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful thankyou cards, a lovely tradition to carry on.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific reminder than gratitude isn't just for special occasions but for all occasions - you did so very gently too. I think your cards are fun and whimsical! They would be perfect for anyone.

    Thanks for participating with us at Opus Gluei, I hope you come back and find inspiration in our upcoming themes.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...