Card Making Tools & Toys

The blog theme this week is nails When carpenters build houses, they use hammer and nails. They have a tool box with all their tools to build what they want to build. Well, with card makers, it is no different. While we don't use a hammer or nails, we do have our own tool box, or what I like to call my toy box.
Toy Box

When I started scrap booking, 16 years ago, my very first tool, next to my paper cutter, was my corner rounder. To this day, it is probably one of the tools I use the most. Many of the items I used back then were stickers and some die cuts. Once I got into card making I really started to build my toy box. I started to watch more You Tube video, read more blogs and participate in card challenges. It opened my eyes to all the toys out there for card makers. I would think to myself, boy if I only had that die cut, I could make that card. But if you are a card maker, you know how expensive this hobby can get. I have had to wait for sales, find things at garage sales and yes, even buy on Ebay. I have always loved vintage grunge and tend to go towards the "Tim Holtz" style of card making. I also like the product that Graphic 45 puts out. It is a Vintage/Grunge style as well. I am just now starting to build my collection of his products, enabling me to learn more of his techniques. But I also like the "frilly style". This leans more towards what Becca does on her blog Amazing Grace. Well,I wanted to share with you a couple of my latest toys.
Toys


I purchased an envelope maker. More recently I have been making non traditional sized cards. It is sometimes difficult to find envelopes, so I decided to buy this gadget. Now I know there are several videos on line that show you how to make envelopes without a gadget, but this is so easy, I just had to have it. I have included a video to show you how cool this envelope punch board is. I also purchased this Majestic Elements Nestabilities Die Cut from Spellbinder as well. I had a 40% coupon from Cut at home that I used. If you sign up for their mailing list, you will get a VIP 40% coupon every month to use towards Spellbinders or Quickutz or a 30% coupon to use towards Sizzix or Tim Holtz Sizzix. I included their link in case you want to check it out. I was able to create this Happy Holidays card using my Majestic Elements die cut. I added some holly, gems, pearls and ribbon and this was the result. So easy, yet so elegant by just using this die cut.  It is amazing what you can do with new toys.
 I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Happy Holidays

8 comments:

  1. Your Christmas card is so very pretty! I especially like the holly detail....thanks so much for playing along with us @ 613 Avenue Create & hope to see you back again next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and die cuts Monica. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great die cut card beautifully done , I seen your entry on MIM ~ mines at entry 47, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. There is so much going on that it just blows me away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Monica
    Great application of the fabulous die .
    Awesome creation .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card - thanks so much for joining us at CCAYR and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously these tools are great for kids and they like it too.. Good to know such tools still exits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post. It's all about living our fragile lives with a purpose, passion and an urge to make a better world every single day. All the very best in your journey in transforming Infosys and in turn the clients that you work for.
    First Date Ideas
    First Date Idea

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...