Where do you get your inspiration?

I think what I love about card making are the endless possibilities. When I am putting together a design or layout, it takes me several tries to get it exactly how I want it.
Work Space

I typically will have all my cut outs, embellishments and bling that I want to use and just keep layering and rearranging as I go along. I will leave my project on my table and just walk by and rearrange something on it without sitting down. It is kind of like a puzzle that you put together a piece here and there until it is finished. I do get inspiration from the web. Color combinations, ideas, layouts, but ultimately I try to make it my own. I watch You Tube videos for new techniques and of course I join card challenges. I was excited when one of my cards made top 3. I have to remember to go back and look once the challenge is over. I just enter them for fun and for the challenge of creating something new. I have moved into making collages. I have been told that some of my cards are too pretty to throw out, so they frame them. So I thought to myself, why not make a "Card Wall Hanging"? Well, why not. It is bigger, so I have a bigger space to work on, and it is ready to hang. I have made two Fall ones, but plan to make a few Christmas ones as well. I can use them as gift exchanges...and they will be fun to create!

Life the Life You've Imagined

I would like to enter my collage into the following challenges:

Artistic Stamper - Autumn
Card a Day blog - Autumn
Country Views Craft Challenge - Layers
Crafting Musketeers - Vintage 
Just for fun - Colors of Autumn

Craftionary - Link Party
Serenity Now - Link Party
Trendy Treehouse - Create and Share




6 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for joining us at JFF & CM xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, thank you for taking part in the Crafting Muskateers challenge this month and good luck.
    Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! Thanks for joining our Colours of Autumn challenge at Just For Fun!

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica: Love your site. It's beautiful and I love what you do! Can't wait to feature you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your fabulous collage at Country View Crafts September Challenge.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monica: I wanted to thank you for being a guest on my blog and providing this post as my feature. I received so many comments, it was a pleasure working with you! ~ Holly

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...